Dr. Fodor provides Tummy Tuck in Beverly Hills and surrounding areas of Southern California.
No matter how much they exercise and stick to a healthy diet, some people cannot rid themselves of fat pockets and extra, loose abdominal skin. Multiple pregnancies are also a culprit. Dr. Fodor usually suggests that these patients undergo a tummy tuck also known as an abdominoplasty.
In the past, a complete tummy tuck with the relocation of the belly button was the only option. But now, surgical and medical advancement allows for less-invasive surgery that treats only the patient’s problem areas, such as a pouch below the belly button. Dr. Peter Fodor performs techniques including mini, partial and in some cases based on a thorough examination, he will recommend only abdominal lipoplasty. These operations can typically be completed under general, epidural and at times, local anesthesia.
For a complete tummy tuck, an incision is made along the abdomen above the pubic area, and another is made around the navel. Next, the abdominal skin is separated from the abdominal muscles and folded down. The muscles can then be sutured together to create a tighter, smaller waist. Excess skin and fat are trimmed away, and the belly button is re-positioned. Lastly, the abdominal flap is repositioned and the incisions are closed.
During mini-abdominoplasty, usually, a shorter incision is made than with complete abdominoplasty. The flap is then folded down and excess skin is trimmed away. Next, the flap is replaced and sutured into place. Complete and mini-abdominoplasty are both often accompanied by lipoplasty in order to simultaneously remove extra fat from the abdomen as well as from other parts of the truck and extremities.
Many patients seeking a flatter, more toned abdomen may not need to undergo either type of tummy tuck – instead, liposuction by itself may be sufficient. Liposuction offers the best contouring results and is also effective in the elimination of love handles. During liposuction, tiny incisions are made in the area to be treated and surplus fat cells, pockets are extracted using thin, delicate instruments.
These procedures may take anywhere from one to four hours. In complex cases of tummy tuck surgery, patients may need to stay overnight for observation in a recovery facility.
Cosmetic Surgeon in Beverly Hills Dr. Fodor also offers Arm Lift, Body Sculpting and Mommy Makeover procedures for those with loose, excess skin.
The cost will vary depending on the severity of your case and the techniques used for surgery. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your consultation in California to begin your path to a more confident you! Dr. Fodor offers tummy tuck surgery in Beverly Hills and surrounding areas of Southern California.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.