No one wants to spend time recovering. Meanwhile we all want to look our best. The objective driving Dr. Peter Fodor’s practice is while paying attention to these general Patients’ desires, is to make them feel confident, sexy and comfortable while appearing natural. When it comes to new techniques, the double board certified plastic surgeon is on the forefront.
The secret ingredient to lifting the breast – is to do it without using techniques that are associated with extensive scaring!
“In the right patient, Lipoplasty Only Breast Reduction (LOBR) accomplishes this by removing the fatty portion of the breast through judicious liposuction. As the skin shrinks, during recovery, the nipples become automatically lifted to an aesthetically more pleasing position, without any skin removal and therefore with no scars on the surface of the breast.
Artistic sculpting while performing LOBR however is of essence. Suctioning with abandon can readily create a deformed breast shape.
“It’s a highly underutilized technique. When properly performed it carries a very high satisfaction rate,” says Fodor. “There’s rapid recovery, virtually undetectable scars and no sensory changes.”
A more youthful appearing chest is the end result.
LOBR also serves well for the older patient group, many of whom for health or other reasons prefer to have a less invasive, quicker recovery operation.
A mammogram accurately reveals the fatty tissue composition of the breast which allows the surgeon to determine if you are a good candidate. The great majority of the patients are! In younger women, however, a breast ultrasound examination or an MRI, neither of which involves X Rays, is used for the same purpose in Dr Fodor’s practice.In general, most patients have at least 50% to 80% fat in their breasts.“This means we can reduce the size of the breast by at least 50%. The result of the fat removal becomes even more noticeable because of the simultaneous lifting effect. The tiny hard to see scar is located in the fold under the breast.
Actually surplus of fat in the breast genetically or as the result of pregnancy, weight gain or aging can make women appear older than their actual years, giving them a matronly appearance even at a young age.
The intervention is virtually scarless on the outside, yet leaves behind the framework of an internal brassiere, delaying the development of breast sagging in the years to come!
Even if there is diminished skin elasticity, LOBR can still reduce breast size, in this case, with limited lifting effect. Subsequent Breast reduction/lift now will result in shorter scars – because the breasts have been rendered smaller by the suction performed first.
Dr. Fodor Chairman of the Medical Advisory Board of the Plastic Surgery Channel offers Liposuction Only Breast Reduction Surgery in Santa Monica, Beverly Hills and surrounding areas of California as well as Aspen, Colorado.
You may also be interested in the following procedures breast augmentation in Los Angeles, breast lift, liposuction or tummy tuck procedures.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.
To keep you updated on the COVID-19 pandemic, we are planning to reopen our office to see patients sometime in July, 2020. We are setting up a protocol to do this in the safest manner for our patients and ourselves. To see a DRAFT of the guidelines, please feel free to select the Learn More button below.