Plastic surgery is a significant commitment. Whether it’s for cosmetic or reconstructive reasons, the choice you make regarding your surgeon can greatly influence the results and your overall experience. So, how do you ensure that the plastic surgeon you choose is the right fit for you?
Before entrusting someone with the responsibility of altering your appearance or fixing a physical issue, it’s essential to review their training and certifications.
- Board Certification: Not every doctor can perform plastic surgery. Look for surgeons who are certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery. This certification guarantees a specific level of training and skill in the field of plastic surgery.
- Medical Training and Education: Consider the medical school, residency, and fellowship programs the surgeon attended. Prestigious institutions generally provide rigorous training, ensuring the surgeon’s competence.
- Memberships: Many skilled surgeons are members of national and international surgical associations. These memberships indicate their commitment to the field and to continuous learning.
Dr. Peter Fodor, MD FACS, is a double board certified by the American Board of Surgery and the American Board of Plastic Surgery. He has not only been a member of the leading organizations in his field, he has served as an officer of these organizations. Learn more and see the dozens of honors he has received for his work here.
There’s a subtle art in plastic surgery, which is honed over time and with consistent practice. While every surgeon has to start somewhere, a more experienced surgeon often brings a wealth of knowledge from handling various cases.
- Specialization: If you’re considering a specific procedure, find out how many of those procedures the surgeon has performed. A surgeon may be experienced in facelifts but may not have the same level of expertise in rhinoplasty.
- Years in Practice: The number of years a surgeon has practiced can often correlate with their expertise. An experienced hand is invaluable, especially in complex cases.
Dr. Fodor has experience with a wide variety of procedures. See his testimonials to learn how he has helped patients. Click here.
Previous Results Speak Volumes
Pictures might be worth a thousand words, but results can be worth a lifetime of satisfaction.
- Before and After Gallery: Scrutinize the surgeon’s gallery of before-and-after photos. These images provide a glimpse into their aesthetic sense, skill, and the outcomes you can expect. Make sure the photos are consistent in lighting, pose, and quality, ensuring that there’s no manipulation.
- Testimonials and Reviews: Patient reviews and testimonials can give insight into the surgeon’s bedside manner, professionalism, and results. However, remember that individual experiences can vary.
Dr. Peter Fodor MD FACS has hundreds of successful surgeries to his credit. He has often been called to correct other surgeons’ unsuccessful attempts. He is one of the leading voices in his field. See examples of his work here.
Personal Comfort and Trust
Beyond credentials and results, your comfort level with the surgeon is crucial. You should feel heard, respected, and confident in your surgeon’s abilities.
- Consultation: During the consultation, gauge how well the surgeon listens to your concerns, answers your questions, and explains the procedure. You should never feel rushed or pressured.
- Office and Staff: A professional, clean office environment and courteous staff can reflect the surgeon’s approach to patient care.
Dr. Fodor is a kind, honest, precise and thoughtful surgeon. He works with state-of-the-art facilities to provide excellent care.
Dr. Peter Fodor MD FACS believes that personal consultation is irreplaceable. There is no substitute for an examination to learn how he can help you achieve your goals. Learn what is possible. Start now by booking a consultation here.