Dr. Fodor offers chemical peel in Beverly Hills and surrounding areas of California. For more information about our practice and specials, view our Facebook Page!
Light chemical peels that improve skin color, texture and luster are performed by a licensed Esthetician.
Deeper chemical peels are performed at by Dr. Fodor with a dilute acid that is generally reserved for wrinkle lines. To begin the procedure, the face is first washed to remove any excess oil.
After Dr. Fodor has performed the procedure, the face develops a white, frosty appearance, which lasts several minutes. This is followed by a dark red hue. The next day Thymol iodide (U.S.P.) powder is dusted onto the chemically treated surfaces in liberal quantities. It is reapplied several times during the following 24 hours, until a thick crust forms. This crust remains for about five days. On about the sixth day, the crusts will gradually lift away, leaving behind a pink-colored skin. To remove redness and speed up healing, patients are instructed to apply a specifically formulated ointment.
The underlying skin appears reddened and it may require three to six months to return to a normal hue. During this period, the area can be covered with cosmetics as desired but must be protected from direct sunlight. Prolonged exposure to sunlight is to be avoided for three to four months.
Skin resurfacing, by itself or in combination with aesthetic surgical procedures, offers patients the opportunity to significantly reduce the cumulative damage caused by years of sun exposure and other environmental or lifestyle factors. Equally important are preventative and maintenance skin care programs that can, when used on a permanent basis, greatly assist in the quest to “Be Your Best.”
The cost for a chemical peel will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for treatment. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your Chemical Peel Consultation in California to begin your path to a more confident you!
You may also be interested in the following procedures facelift, blepharoplasty or rhinoplasty.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.
To keep you updated on the COVID-19 pandemic, we are planning to reopen our office to see patients sometime in July, 2020. We are setting up a protocol to do this in the safest manner for our patients and ourselves. To see a DRAFT of the guidelines, please feel free to select the Learn More button below.