Dr. Fodor offers Dermabrasion in Beverly Hills and surrounding areas of California.
Dermabrasion is a procedure used to improve the skin’s texture. It is used to smooth fine wrinkles and the uneven surfaces that result from scarring, acne, or similar problems.
Dermabrasion is performed with rotary diamond and Carborum discs and essentially works like “sanding” a piece of wood. To avoid discomfort, either local anesthetics and sedatives or a general anesthetic are used.
A Dermabrasion leaves the treated area with a thick brown crust that separates in seven to ten days. The underlying skin appears reddened and usually requires three to six months to return to a normal hue. During this interval, the area can be covered with cosmetics as desired but must be protected from direct sunlight. Dermabrasion is usually confined to the facial area. The results of a Dermabrasion procedure are limited by the skin’s thickness and the depth of the lesion being “sanded.” Shallow scars or acne pits respond better than deep, narrow, round pits.
The cost for a Dermabrasion will vary depending on the severity of your case and techniques used for treatment. At your consultation, Dr. Fodor will be happy to discuss your options and cost based on your needs.
Call today to schedule your Dermabrasion consultation in California to begin your path to a more confident you!
Click to see before and after photos.
In response to the COVID-19 Pandemic, we plan to operate at significantly reduced capacity to adhere to social distancing requirements.
To ensure your safety and the safety of our staff, we have instituted the following guidelines:
1. At the time of scheduling we will inquire whether you have symptoms such as fever, cough, and shortness of breath in the last two weeks and whether you’ve been exposed to an individual with COVID-19 infection. When you arrive for your appointment, we will repeat the same questions and check your temperature. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions or if your temperature is over 100.4 F, we will ask that you reschedule your appointment. If you’re not feeling well on the day of your appointment, please call to reschedule and contact your primary physician.
2. We ask that you rinse your mouth for at least 30 seconds, with Listerine, Crest Pro Health or Colgate Total, prior to coming to our office.
3. Please come to your appointment wearing a cloth face covering or mask over your nose and mouth.
4. Our waiting room will be used in a limited manner to allow social distancing.
5. Unfortunately, we cannot allow friends or family members to accompany you for your appointment. Exceptions will be made for patients younger than 18 years of age who should arrive with one parent/guardian and elderly patients who require the presence of a single caregiver.
6. Exam rooms will be sanitized before and after each appointment. The waiting room, counter tops and door handles will be cleaned regularly and hand sanitizer will be available throughout the office.
We apologize for any inconvenience these restrictions may cause but they are necessary for the health and safety of all during this pandemic.